Welcome to Taqaddam
Make it Happen at Muscat University 2021
The focus of the Make It Happen Mission is about taking small steps towards positive change. Often the biggest barrier to making a change is taking that first small step, and so that’s what this project is all about. Your mission is to put your life skills into action by working together to make a difference in the world, and learn as much as you can from it. You will only have 10 days to work on your project, so really think about what impact you want to create in your community, what is the first small step you can take, and how can you make that real?
Actually doing something that has an impact
– no matter how small –
is better than planning something big that never happens
Deadline for submitting template: Friday 14th May – 11:55pm
Taqaddam Impact Award
The Taqaddam Impact Award will be awarded to all teams who demonstrate how they have put their life skills into action, making a positive impact on their communities and their own personal development. Every team will have the opportunity to receive a Bronze, Silver or Gold Award, recognising the incredible effort and learning you have put into your projects. Each project will be reviewed by our VIP assessors, who will evaluate the projects based on the criteria below.
Criteria 1: The steps you took to make your ideas real.
This includes generating ideas, taking small steps, using resources, and making an impact on your communities and the world around you. How did you take action? What research did you do? Did you test out your idea in the real world? What did you create? What impact did you make? Who did you connect with? How did you involve others in your community?
Criteria 2: Learning and reflection on your life skills and yourselves.
Making an impact isn’t just about what you’ve put out into the world, we also want to see what impact your project has made on you and on your team. So, what life skills have you put into action and what have you learnt from doing that? How did you use and develop the 3Cs in the Make It Happen process? What did you discover about your life skills and about yourself?
- • Excellent accomplishment towards addressing the issue by taking small steps to make a real-world impact, using tools for change based on relevant research
- • Excellent self-reflection on your own learning and understanding of life skills, with effective use of them in your MiH process.
- • Good accomplishment towards addressing the issue by taking small steps to make a real-world impact, using one tool for change based on some relevant research.
- • Good self-reflection on your own learning and understanding of life skills, with good use of them in your MiH process.
- • Basic accomplishment towards addressing the issue by taking small steps to make a real-world impact, based on some relevant research.
- • Basic self-reflection on your own learning and understanding of life skills, with some use of them in your MiH process.